Crofton, South Liverpool
We worked with the local authority and English Heritage to achieve planning and listed building approval for this historic mansion conversion, which had previously been refused consent and had attracted considerable local opposition.
- A one hectare site containing a large villa located within a Conservation area.
- Two previous planning applications having been refused on the site, significant public opposition to the previous proposals and a 3rd party request for Listing.
- Undertook feasibility study and agreed parameters for development with the Planning Authority.
- Negotiated with English Heritage on the third party request for a Listing application.
- Worked with cost consultants to justify an ‘enabling development’ argument for new development to fund restoration.
- Undertook public consultation with local residents including a presentation of proposals prior to the submission of a planning application.
- Managed the planning process to successfully obtain consent for conversion of the mansion and new development.
- Managed co-consultants including architects.
Services Provided: Planning, Landscape Architecture, Consultation & Engagement