A highly complex regeneration scheme for one of the UK’s largest’s coal tips, our masterplanners and landscape architects worked together on this mixed-use, strategic employment site and country park project.
- Restoration of 330ha open-cast coal mine.
- Removal of one of the largest coal tips in the UK and restoration to Country Park.
- Incorporates 85ha mixed use, strategic employment site and 250ha Country Park.
- New naturalistic landforms, water bodies and extensive woodland created.
- Highly complex geo-technical, infra-structural and environmental constraints.
- Sophisticated sustainable drainage scheme.
- Habitat creation and long-term landscape management plan.
Services provided: Masterplanning, Landscape Architecture