Deane Road Cemetery, Liverpool
This Grade II listed Victorian Hebrew walled cemetery in inner-city Liverpool required restoration and the addition of new visitor facilities. Stakeholder engagement and public consultation were key to achieving a successful outcome to this important conservation project.
- The design of the landscape and the new interventions adjacent to the listed structures was both sympathetic and contemporary.
- Sensitivity was essential when dealing with the heritage issues and working within an historic cemetery.
- Extensive public and stakeholder engagement included an exhibition presenting concepts and ideas as well as public consultation.
- Assisted with Stage 2 HLF application to refurbish Grade II Listed cemetery as visitor, heritage and education facility.
- Designed visitor pod and landscaped area.
- Proposals for refurbishment of the Grade II Listed screen wall and boundary walls.
- Developed cost estimates for the approved designs.
- Managed planning and listed building consent process.
- Managed co-consultants including ecologists, cost consultants and specialist heritage advisors.
Services provided: Architecture, Planning, Landscape, Consultation & Engagement