Comprehensive regeneration of 25ha former ordnance factory
• The residual element of a much larger site much of which had been previously developed.
• Proposal involved remediating the site to create development platforms for new employment uses set within a robust landscape framework.
• Initial feasibility study through to masterplanning and planning submissions.
• Planning submissions for earthworks in connection with the remediation of the site and the outline masterplan.
• Comprehensive regeneration of the site with 15ha of employment and 10ha of structural landscape including existing woodland
• Management of a wide consultant team including engineers, archaeologists, ecologists, property advisors to support the inputs to the planning submission
• Carried out landscape visual impact assessment (LVIA).
• Management of the public engagement programme including consultation with Parish Councils and the local community.
• Cass Associates also submitted representations on the Council’s Core Strategy. We provided evidence at the Examination in relation to promoting the site as a strategic employment site which was accepted by the Inspector and is identified as such in the Adopted Core Strategy.
Services: Planning, Masterplanning and Landscape Architecture