Liverpool Sailing Club
Located in a Coastal Reserve and European Special Protection Area, this new clubhouse and boat storage facility was extremely sustainable, being off-grid with no mains power or drainage connections.
- The form of the building was derived from the sails of a boat to create a landmark building which relates well to its open and exposed landscape context.
- The design was heavily influenced by the need for shelter, safety and security.
- High thermal mass, natural stack effect ventilation, renewable energy and rainwater recovery.
- All heat and power generated by an on-site 9 KW wind turbine.
- Vandal resistant in line with Secured by Design principles.
- Involved extensive consultation with the Environment Agency, Sport England, the National Trust and Natural England.
Services Provided: Architecture