Stone Cottage, Wirral
The owners of this 1930’s cottage wanted to extend and re-organise their home and optimise the visual and physical connections with the extensive garden setting.
- Existing 1930’s cottage, much altered with UPVC windows and white render, situated in two acres of overgrown woodland.
- Obtained planning permission to maximise permissible extension to 50% of original floor area.
- Remodelled existing cottage, repositioning entrance and opening up circulation core.
- Created new extensions including kitchen, utility and dining area, home study and master bedroom suite with roof terrace.
- Re-organised and re-connected garden spaces to bring order and improve setting for house.
- Design was structured around views from cottage to landscape.
- Extensive replanting and tree maintenance.
- New formal and informal water features.
- New oak-framed garage, workshop and woodstore.
- Extensive environmental improvements including full external insulation to preserve internal features.
- Appointed for full service, from conceptual design to completion on site.
Services provided: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning
For further information on private residential projects please see studiocass.co.uk