Strawberry Farm, Wirral
The former dairy to the Lever Estate, Strawberry Farm is located in the green belt and near to a Site of Special Landscape Value. An earlier planning application to extend the existing buildings had been refused.
- Scheme included a detached extension including garden room, family areas, office, sauna and pool changing facilities, together with conservatory extension to existing house and extensive remodelling to garden areas.
- Planning permission would have been unobtainable, however we negotiated consent on behalf of the client under ‘permitted development’ rules.
- Timber-framed structure with green oak and cedar cladding and a curved living sedum roof, offset by large sliding glazed doors on south elevation, the main pavilion is modernist in concept yet sits naturally within the landscape.
- Garden re-designed to create new terracing around swimming pool, with lawn framed by house and pavilion.
- Highly-insulated, using Air Source Heat Pump to maximise energy efficiency in off-grid location.
Services provided: Architecture, Planning, Landscape Architecture.
For further information on private residential projects please see studiocass.co.uk