Education and Community
We have worked extensively with schools, local education authorities and further and higher education bodies in delivering improvements to facilities.
Our projects include:
- feasibility studies and development strategies for the rationalisation and improvement of academic and residential campuses.
- school new-build, extension and refurbishment projects.
- the provision of facilities within mixed-use developments, including health villages, performing arts and visitor centres, libraries, transport hubs and leisure developments.
- landscape and urban design for campuses and individual educational buildings. We bring together design, planning and management skills to create secure, attractive and sustainable places for learning. We place particular emphasis on making places that are open and accessible to the wider community.
Recent Education and Community Projects include:
- Ushaw College, Durham. Cass Associates were commissioned to provide planning, landscape design and masterplanning services.
- Sports Barns and Leaf Building, Blackpool. Cass Associates provided architecture and landscape architecture services for three inter-connected projects forming part of a new health village intended to provide a focus for wider in in a disadvantaged community.